environment where authentic relationships are formed. Our Mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
strives to create a Christian
GLEN LAKE CAMP AND RETREAT CENTER
CORE VALUES: LOVE DEEPLY | HOST GRACIOUSLY | SERVE INTENTIONALLY
The Glen Lake Staff seeks to lead and serve as a faithful part of God's work in and through the ministry of Glen Lake. Each staff member is serving on a ministry team dedicated and committed to a team approach to the ministry entrusted to us.
Staff Purpose: The Recreation Manager seeks to lead and serve as a faithful part of God’s work in and through the ministry of Glen Lake. The Program Assistant serves on a ministry team dedicated and committed to a team approach to the ministry entrusted to us.
Job Summary: The Recreation Manager seeks to provide expertise in the field of recreation and programming in order to support the Program Director. The Recreation Manager helps to lead a team of dedicated persons in the ministry of hospitality through program activities and events.
Duties: (include but not limited to:)
• Responsible for the evaluation of all aspects of the program with Program Director
• Maintain the pool and train staff in proper use to prepare for use
• Work with the Program Director in the hiring, training and evaluation of the Summer Staff
• Help in the training of that staff prior to the Summer.
• Receive certification in Lifeguarding (Lifeguard Teaching, CPR, First Aid, and Challenge Course (Level 1 minimum) in order to train and certify team members
• Help in planning and implementation of recreational activities and being available to supervise those activities (scheduling and recruiting staff)
• Responsible for the Team Building Course design and recruitment of user groups, and upkeep.
• Work with the Program Director on college visits/recruitment and programming for summer camp and special events/retreats
• Publicize the programs of Glen Lake through written, and/or personal visits
• Host guest’s retreats and events on site when needed
• Performs event setup and tear down
• Recruitment of user groups for recreation and Challenge Course activities
• Hosting with onsite directors when necessary
• Travel, giving tours, and setup as needed in order to connect with and increase user groups
• Will be required to work weekends when needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Desire to see one’s life’s work to be dedicated toward Jesus Christ’s Kingdom
• Strong work ethic and self-starter
• Willing to call and visit potential user groups
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with software and use of online resources and computers
• Commitment to safety and best practices with the field
• Knowledge and desire to learn and continually educate self to complete tasks to the highest
• Able to work well with others and to accomplish goals and objectives equal to Glen Lake Camp’s mission
• Ability to work and lead people to accomplish common goals and objectives
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Valid driver’s license
Prior experience with Christian Education, Outdoor Education, or Retreat Ministry familiarity with challenge course, recreation equipment, lifeguarding and pool staff management.
• Paid Time Off (detailed in Employee Policy and Procedure Manual)
• Paid Holidays
• Onsite Housing
• Benefits after one-year
The Recreation Manager will adhere to the principles of confidentiality concerning the business of this ministry.
Those interested, please send resumes and a cover letter to our Program Director, Patrick Turkett, email@example.com.