Getaway Cabin by Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center
Stay • Explore • Rest
$105/night per cabin.
1 Room (7-9 twin size bunk beds)
1 Bathroom (2-3 Showers • 2-3 Sinks • 2-3 Toilets)
Access to beautiful retreat facility grounds.
Free Parking on Premises
Check-In: After 4:00pm
No Non-Registered Guests
No Parties or Events
Please Practice Safe Social Distancing
Please wear a mask in our office.
Please Wash Your Hands Often
Linens Not Provided
Linens for Twin Size Beds.
Arrival and Check Out
Glen Lake Camp Getaways are self-facilitated experiences for small groups and families. We are inviting people to get outside away from the city to enjoy some social distant adventure! Check-in will be located in the Glen Lake Camp main office (Taylor Welcome Center). Check out will be 10:00am after your second night.
General Policies and Information
• The Getaway Cabin group assumes responsibility for and must supervise all persons that are onsite with your group.
• Glen Lake Camp Reserves the right to book other groups simultaneously if the facility capacity allows.
• Absolutely no alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, fireworks, candles, or guns are allowed on site. Smoking is NOT allowed in or near any of the buildings.
• All minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by an adult.
• Animals are not allowed at Glen Lake Camp. We do allow Service Animals for Disabilities only. The animal must be certified and registered as a service animal and they must wear their vest at all times while on site.
• You will be given two key cards for opening your lodging. They must be returned to the Taylor Welcome Center upon check out.
• Once you have unloaded at your lodging, please park cars and vans in designated parking lots, so emergency vehicles will have access to all buildings, if needed.
• Please do not disassemble or moved the beds. A charge will be assessed if moved.
• Please report any damage or problems to the Glen Lake Camp staff in the office.
• Quiet times are from 10:00pm-7:00am. This ensures “good neighborliness” with other groups on site, staff who live here and Glen Rose citizens who live close by. The City of Glen Rose also enforces this.
Social Distancing Protocols
At Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center, the safety and well-being of our staff and guests continue to be a top priority. As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center made the decision to suspend our regular summer programming. In light of Gov. Abbott’s plan to re-open Texas, we have re-opened Glen Lake Camp for self-facilitated Getaway experiences. Below is a list of the protocol in accordance with the recommendations made by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas updated May 5, 2020. Our desire is to provide a safe and socially distant environment that allows families to get out of the house and enjoy sunshine and nature.
Personal Social Distancing Protocols
• All guests must self-screen before arriving on Glen Lake Camp property. Do not attend if your temperature is 100.4F or greater.
• Do not attend camp if you have been around a person known to have COVID-19 and has not been cleared by a medical professional.
• Protocols will be given to guests and are for everyone’s safety.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Stay 6’ away from others, especially avoid hugs, high fives, or face to face contact.
• Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
• Cough and sneeze into elbow or shoulder.
• Bring your own mask to use as needed.
• Wash hands before each meal.
• If feeling ill, especially if you have any of the following symptoms, safely make arrangements to quarantine yourself or consider ending your trip early if you are able to get home safely.
• Sore throat, cough, chills or shakes, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, muscles pain, headache, fever of 100.4F or greater, known contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19.
Camp Staff Social Distant Protocol for Check-In
• We have introduced protocol to ensure that our staff will not interact with guests if any sickness or contact with COVID-19 is suspected.
• We have established protocol specific to the sanitization of our retail locations according to the requirements and suggestions of the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas. This protocol includes but is not limited to:
• The requirement of face-covering while working check-in inside.
• Attempts to increase fresh airflow when possible.
• Wash hands often.
• Sanitize often touched surfaces: switches, buttons, handles for the office.
• Practice personal social distancing protocols:
• Stay 6’ apart.
• Cough or sneeze into your tissue, elbow, or shoulder.
Walking Distance to Big Rocks Park
Walking Distance to Oakdale Swimming Pool
2 Minute Drive to Downtown Glen Rose
11 Minute Drive to Dinosaur Valley State Park
11 Minute Drive to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center
The Promise • Buy 2 adult tickets and get up to 4 children (under 12 years) tickets free. Receive code at booking confirmation. .