Getaway Cabin by Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center
Stay • Experience • Rest
Glen Lake Camp is a premiere Christian retreat center in Glen Rose, Texas that allows groups of all ages to get away from daily distractions, to rest, build friendships, and ultimately focus on their relationship with Christ. Glen Lake Camp provides the facilities, meals, and recreation activities which allows you the freedom to custom design your own experience. We have adjusted our minimum group size to accommodate families, quarantine friends, and house churches.
Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center has canceled our Summer Camp Programing for Summer 2020 and has been closed to retreats since March 16, 2020. Getaway Cabins are not a Glen Lake Camp programmed activity or retreat. We employ full-time housekeeping staff for the cleanliness of our facilities and maintenance. Our meeting spaces and waterpark will remain closed. Note: This is not Summer Camp. We do not provide your schedule of programs and activities. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
2 Nights & 5 Meals (mandatory)
$90/person (minimum $360)
1 Room (7-10 twin size bunk beds)
1 Bathroom (2-3 Showers • 2-3 Sinks • 2-3 Toilets)
Our Cabins are assigned first come, first serve.
June 26-28, 2020
June 30-July 1, 2020
July 3-5, 2020
July 7-9, 2020
Dates give us the opportunity to sanitize and clean between guest usage.
Getaway includes 5 meals prepared for you.
Access to beautiful retreat facility grounds.
Free Parking on Premises
Check-In: After 4:00pm
No Non-Registered Guests
No Parties or Events
Please Practice Safe Social Distancing
Please Wash Your Hands Often
Groups can be no larger than 10 people
Linens Not Provided
Linens for Twin Size Beds.
Lawn Chairs (if you wish to sit outside. There are some picnic tables and seating areas spread out around camp, but you might enjoy your own chair). Please continue to practice safe social distancing.
Arrival and Check Out
Glen Lake Camp Getaways are self-facilitated experiences for small groups and families. We are inviting people to get outside away from the city to enjoy some social distant adventure! Those staying in a Getaway Cabin must arrive between 4:00pm and 6:00pm or contact us to let us know when you are going to be arriving. Check-in will be located in the Glen Lake Camp main office (Taylor Welcome Center). Check out will be 10:00am after your second night.
General Policies and Information
• The Getaway Cabin group assumes responsibility for and must supervise all persons that are onsite with your group.
• Glen Lake Camp Reserves the right to book other groups simultaneously if the facility capacity allows.
• Absolutely no alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, fireworks, candles, or guns are allowed on site. Smoking is NOT allowed in or near any of the buildings.
• All minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by an adult.
• Animals are not allowed at Glen Lake Camp. We do allow Service Animals for Disabilities only. The animal must be certified and registered as a service animal and they must wear their vest at all times while on site.
• You will be given two key cards for opening your lodging. They must be returned to the Taylor Welcome Center upon check out.
• Once you have unloaded at your lodging, please park cars and vans in designated parking lots, so emergency vehicles will have access to all buildings, if needed.
• Please do not disassemble or moved the beds. A charge will be assessed to the Getaway group.
• Please report any damage or problems to the Glen Lake Camp staff in the office or at meals.
• Quiet times are from 10:00pm-7:00am. This ensures “good neighborliness” with other groups on site, staff who live here and Glen Rose citizens who live close by. The City of Glen Rose also enforces this.
Social Distancing Protocols
At Glen Lake Camp & Retreat Center, the safety and well-being of our staff and guests continue to be a top priority. As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center made the decision to suspend our regular summer programming. In light of Gov. Abbott’s plan to re-open Texas, we have re-opened Glen Lake Camp for self-facilitated Getaway experiences. Below is a list of the protocol in accordance with the recommendations made by the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas updated May 5, 2020. Our desire is to provide a safe and socially distant environment that allows families to get out of the house and enjoy sunshine and nature.
Personal Social Distancing Protocols
• All guests must self-screen before arriving on Glen Lake Camp property. Do not attend if your temperature is 100.4F or greater.
• Do not attend camp if you have been around a person known to have COVID-19 and has not been cleared by a medical professional.
• Protocols will be given to guests and are for everyone’s safety.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Stay 6’ away from others, especially avoid hugs, high fives, or face to face contact.
• Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
• Cough and sneeze into elbow or shoulder.
• Bring your own mask to use as needed.
• Wash hands before each meal.
• If feeling ill, especially if you have any of the following symptoms, safely make arrangements to quarantine yourself or consider ending your trip early if you are able to get home safely.
• Sore throat, cough, chills or shakes, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, muscles pain, headache, fever of 100.4F or greater, known contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19.
Camp Staff Social Distant Protocol for Check-In
• We have introduced protocol to ensure that our staff will not interact with guests if any sickness or contact with COVID-19 is suspected.
• We have established protocol specific to the sanitization of our retail locations according to the requirements and suggestions of the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas. This protocol includes but is not limited to:
• The requirement of face-covering while working check-in inside.
• Attempts to increase fresh airflow when possible.
• Wash hands often.
• Sanitize often touched surfaces: switches, buttons, handles for the office.
• Practice personal social distancing protocols:
• Stay 6’ apart.
• Cough or sneeze into your tissue, elbow, or shoulder.
Dining Hall Procedures
• Meals are served at the following times - please arrange your schedule accordingly.
Breakfast 8:00am - 8:30am
Lunch (Pick Up) 11:30am - 1:00pm
Dinner 6:00pm - 6:30pm
• Meals are part of the Getaway package. No credit is given for missed meals.
• Dining Hall is open 15 minutes before breakfast and closes after the dinner meal.
• Please sit at the assigned tables in the dinning hall to practice safe social distancing.
• Please come at the beginning of each meal since the food cannot stay on the serving line for more than 35 minutes due to health code.
In order to make our guests as comfortable as possible we ask that you provide dietary restrictions upon booking. We can accommodate diabetic, vegetarian and gluten allergies only. We are a nut free facility. This insures our kitchen is made aware of any special food requirements and can accommodate accordingly.
All of our additional amenities are first come first serve and you will be given a time for your getaway group. The Miller Activity Center will remained closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Due to lifeguard and facilitator scheduling, archery and lake activities will be prearranged.
• Fishing is allowed as catch and release only - in our upper lake. Glen Lake Camp will provide fishing poles upon request.
• For access to the river and hike to the cross on the hill, inquire with Glen Lake staff on the status and directions. To prevent serious injury, shoes are suggested for the river.
• Children and Youth should be supervised at all times.
Amenities Available at Booking:
Fishing • Private Lake (catch and release)
Outdoor Movie (2nd Night Only)
Walking Distance to Big Rocks Park
Walking Distance to Oakdale Swimming Pool
2 Minute Drive to Downtown Glen Rose
11 Minute Drive to Dinosaur Valley State Park
11 Minute Drive to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center